St. James embraces God's children of all ages! We work to be inclusive of children and youth in all areas of our church life. It is our goal to meet children where they are and lead them towards our Savior, Jesus Christ. We do this through teaching the Bible and its relation to our lives. We do this by modeling God's love and forgiveness. And we do this by making St. James a place that is safe and is fun, a place to build the memories that will give the church another generation who will continue to write the faith story.
Lamb Program for Children
Children in Worship
Age 3 to Grade 5
The Children's Worship Center in the Narthex will provide age-appropriate resources for children on their way to worship. Worship also features new entry points for children to more fully engage in the sights, sounds and inspirations of worship. We invite you to renew your total family involvement in worship! At St. James we believe that worship is central to nurturing a lifestyle that is Christ's style.
- A life-size shepherd and a flock of sheep will greet children each week at church. The sheep will provide a place for children to indicate their on-going attendance.
- Pastors and other worship leaders will include children in various parts of the worship service, including music, prayers and sermon illustrations.
- Bible and activity bags for pre-schoolers and the elementary school children are available at the Children's Worship Center.
- St. James will give children a cuddly stuffed lamb to bring with them to worship, along with a lamb card ID tag for children to identify themselves as one of Jesus' little lambs.
- Lamb cards will be punched each Sunday at the Children's Worship Center when children attend worship.
- Child friendly bulletins will give children the opportunity to participate in worship. Sheep symbols will highlight various parts of the worship service.
- We thank Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church for allowing us to use their Children in Worship Program.
TWO OR MORE
Grades K - 6
Wednesday Night - Does Not Meet During the Summer
On Wednesday nights children in grades K – 6 can participate in the Two or More Program. (The classes are NOT held during the summer, which is Memorial Day through Labor Day). All students will participate in either the Cherub Choir (Grades K – 2) or the Celebrate Choir (Grades 3 - 6) for 30 minutes. For the other 30 minutes children in Grades 3 - 6 will work with the BLOC Team (Senior High Youth) to create Bible dramas and enjoy other various activities. Those in Grades K-2 will have a Bible story time during which they will hear a Bible story and listen to several other related stories, read to them by volunteers from our church.
Two or More starts with the Wednesday night congregational meal at 6:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall. The meal costs $2.00 per person and the food is always delicious, and home-made! Come early and listen to some great live music. After dinner, at 6:30 pm, the students break off into their age groups and enjoy the activities until 7:30 pm. There are Adult Education opportunities during this time as well.
This inter-generational night is a great way to enjoy getting to know each other better – come join the fun!